Rooted Android users everywhere rejoice! TWRP 3.0.0 is here!
TWRP is one of the most reliable android recoveries that you can install. TWRP allows you to easily backup all the data on your phone, restore all the data on your phone, user a terminal, allows you to use ADB, allows you to mount via USB, lets you flash new roms, images, radios and much more! This is a must have for any rooted android user.
The TWRP team has also issued a warning that as this release brings some significant changes it is possible that some devices may not boot correctly or have display issues due to the graphical changes. It is highly recommended that you ensure that you are able to flash an older version of TWRP in case of these errors.
The full changelog includes
- True Terminal Emulator – Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
- Language translation – Languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be available on most devices. Some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Translations are welcome over at OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
- Flashing of sparse images – On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
- Adopted storage support for select devices – TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
- Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP – includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
- SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
- Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
- Update AOSP base to 6.0
- Many, many minor fixes and tweaks
Download TWRP for your device
Source: XDA Dev
- Qwertyoruiop claims PS4 is pwned on f... — Qwertyoruiop is in the news again now claiming to have cracked the PS4 on firmware 4.50 – 4.55 4.50, should work on 4.55 too pic.twitter.com/zWvshihocp — qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiopz) April 19, 2017 This comes days after qwertyoruiop publicly released a webkit exploit for firmwares below 4.07 . qwertyoruiop has confirmed that the both the webkit and 4.50 [...]
- Hackers make progress on cracking the... — Since the webkit vulnerability and Pegaswitch were released on the Nintendo Switch a few day after the console’s launch, several hackers have been digging into the internals of the console to learn about its system. Hacker Plutoo of 3DS/Wii U Fame confirmed yesterday that he has been able to grab what appears to be data/API [...]
- Xbox One hack: Xbox One Exploit Proof... — Developer unknownv2 has released a proof of concept exploit for the Xbox One. The exploit leverages a series of known vulnerabilities in the Microsoft Edge Browser (CVE-2016-7200 and CVE-2016-7241). This is an exploit of the ridiculously rebranded Interenet explorer browser dubbed Microsoft Edge. In November last year, several critical vulnerabilities were found in the Edge [...]
- PS4 Webkit hack: SpecterDev explains ... — A few days ago, hacker qwertyoruiop released a Webkit exploit for the PS4, compatible up to firmware 4.07 included. He has since then improved the exploit to include a ROP Chain and basic syscalls, but providing only compatibility for 4.06, the firmware on which he is personally working. SpecterDev, self described as a programmer interested [...]
- PSvita Adrenaline-2 and Easy installe... — Adrenaline version 2 is finally out after being promised by TheFlow in February. Of course, that doesn’t mean that TheFlow wasn’t busy with the Vita as he added USB mass storage device support for easy file transfer and the ability to use a pen drive or external S/HDD via VitaShell. Changelog Allowing you to [...]