Apple has finally admitted to the existence of the mysterious iPhone ailment that caused unresponsive screens and came to be called the “touch disease.” The Cupertino firm’s diagnosis? User error. Or, more specifically, user fumbling.
“Apple has determined that some iPhone 6 Plus devices may exhibit display flickering or Multi-Touch issues after being dropped multiple times on a hard surface and then incurring further stress on the device,” Apple said in an online notice.
Motherboard reported in September that the problem was affecting “thousands and thousands” of iPhone 6 Plus phones.
Apple said it would repair affected phones, provided they’re in working order and have intact screens, for a $149 service price.
“Apple will contact customers who may have paid for a service repair related to this issue either through Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider to arrange reimbursement,” the company said. “If you have not been contacted but paid for a repair that you believe was related to this issue, please contact Apple.
“The reimbursement amount will equal the difference between the price you paid for the original service to your iPhone 6 Plus and the $149 service price.”
In short: iphone 6+ Issues? “you’re doing something wrong, it’s not our fault, but we can fix it for $149”
Sounds similar to the Iphone 4’s “you’re holding it wrong” fiasco.
- Windows XP Emulated on an iPhone 7 — The iphone 7 is a pretty popular smartphone. Under the hood the small device is packing fairly great arsenal of small computer components such as a processor and RAM. Windows XP was one of the most popular Windows releases to date so a user by the name of “Hacking Jules” recently decided to post a [...]
- Prometheus: upcoming tool may allow u... — IOS hacker tihmstar has announced the upcoming release of his tool Prometheus. He claims it will be the first tool capable of upgrading and downgrading 64-bit iOS devices to unsigned firmwares. If successful, this would be welcome news for the jailbreak community, allowing movement between firmwares for which you have saved your blobs, even after [...]
- Google has sided with Apple in the ip... — Yesterday it was reported that the FBI is attempting for force apple to create a new version of IOS to bypass the current security protocols. Today there is more development on this news story as Google’s CEO has now stepped in and made his voice public on the issue. Below you will see some of [...]
- US Government asks Apple to build a b... — Over the last couple of years there have been implications of the US government poking it’s nose where it doesn’t belong. Wikileaks, Anonymous, Edward Snowden and many others have helped to shed light on the issue. People have been killed, arrested, incarcerated or have had to seek refuge somewhere else in the country after bringing [...]
- Pangu Jailbreak for IOS 9.0 – 9... — Great news for hackers, modders or people that enjoy customizing their IOS mobile device. Pangu has released the first public untethered jailbreak for IOS 9. This jailbreak is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, yes this will also support the latest iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus this is also compatible on the latest public [...]