With the recent release of HENkaku, followed by an update from Sony that patched the hack, people are looking for ways to buy a Vita running firmware 3.60 (or lower) at reasonable prices.
In that kind of situation, and given how recent the hack is, your best bet is to buy a new PS Vita. At the time of this writing, it is pretty much guaranteed that any new PS Vita will ship with a firmware 3.60 or lower.
Conversely, you’ll want to avoid “refurbished” and “used” consoles, unless the seller can guarantee the console ships with a lower firmware (and sellers who can do that will most likely charge you extra for that kind of guarantee). The reason is simple: most shops that sell used consoles go through a process of resetting the device to factory settings and updating it before selling it. As such, you’re pretty much guaranteed to get firmware 3.61 or higher if you buy a used PS Vita from a store or online.
So where to get a 3.60 vita? The obvious choice is going to be to buy it new from Amazon. With their return policy, you’re also safe if the product doesn’t match your expectations. People who want to be extra paranoid can get theBorderlands 2 bundle, which was released in 2014. A new version of this one will ship with a lower firmware.
Similarly, if you buy a PS TV new, you’re guaranteed to have a firmware below 3.60, as the production of PS TV was discontinued a while ago. A such, new PS TVs are guaranteed to be on a low firmware.
Once you have your Vita, you’ll need to upgrade it manually to firmware 3.60, and not let the device upgrade to 3.61 or above.
- Halo Revamped 3DS Update – Perf... — TCPixel has pushed out a new update for Halo Revamped a homebrew application for the Nintendo 3DS! The new update brings Stability updates New maps Up to 8 players! For more info follow the video above and read the description on TCPixel’s [...]
- PSVita 3.63 owners get ready for home... — PSvita owners that have updated to the latest 3.63 firmware have been waiting for something useful to come out to make their doorstop of a console come back to life.Today we bring you hidden applications! A tool released by Idumpvitastuff. This tool leverages psvimgtools which is another tool that was released by Yifan Lu and allows you to [...]
- Nintendo Goes On a Copyright Strike F... — It seems that Nintendo has employed or is in the works with the Belgian Anti-Piracy Federation which has gone on a copyright frenzy on youtube. Various content creators have received one or multiple copyright strikes on youtube and have had their videos completely removed; some users have also been completely shut down! Users affected include ModzLink [...]
- Smealum Updates Homebrew Payload for ... — Firmware 11.3 was released recently by Nintendo. Along with the release the homebrew launcher was temporarily broken as the current payloads were no longer working. Smealum has been hard at work patching up the payloads to allow execution on 11.3 firmware. This proves that smealum is a talented hacker and if a challenge is posed [...]
- ps4relink – PS4 Remote Play on ... — Yesterday a revolution happened and we are now able to use Adrenaline on innactivated PSvita consoles. Today something similar is being released which allows us to use our PSvitas for remote play from a PS4 console. Hacked Vitas running on firmware 3.60 do not have PSN access, and are therefore losing access to several services [...]