Famous PS3 Hacker Mathieulh recently recommended on Twitter to buy a PS4 Pro while those are still on firmware 3.70 and to not update it.
When asked for more details, he said “Anything lower than 4.06 is fine”.
This statement confirms what has been revealed a few weeks ago: the PS4 Jailbreak revealed for firmware 4.01 was recently patched by Sony in Firmware 4.06, meaning any PS4 up to 4.05 should potentially be jailbreakable.
The reason Mathieulh recommends to get a PS4 Pro now is because new PS4 Pro models on the market today are pretty much guaranteed to ship with firmware 3.70. Firmware 3.70 in itself probably doesn’t have anything special except that 1) it is below 4.06 and 2) you always want to stay on the lowest firmware possible if your goal is to jailbreak. As a reminder, new PS4 Slims today ship with firmware 3.55 and should be good as well.
No hacker has announced any release for a PS4 4.05 jailbreak. All we know at this point is that several trusted hackers from the PS3/PS4 scene seem to have access to this jailbreak.
Mathieulh in particular, despite his deep involvement with the PS3 scene, has rarely seen his name associated to any release in the past.
Nevertheless, with growing confirmation that several hackers have access to a jailbreak on 4.05, this could surely bring hope to the people expecting to Jailbreak their PS4.
As always, if you have any interest in homebrews or running unsigned code on your PS4, it’s better to have a plan: Either get a second PS4 that you’ll keep on a low firmware, or ensure your main PS4 stays on a low firmware (which, nowadays, means pretty much unplugging the console from your network)
4K TV Gaming - PS4 Pro outputs gameplay to your 4K TV
More HD Power - Turn on Boost Mode to give PS4 games access to the increased power of PS4 Pro
HDR Technology- With an HDR TV, compatible PS4 games display an unbelievably vibrant and lifelike range of colors
- PS4: How to get your hands on a PS4 w... — A PS4 4.55 Jailbreak was released in February 2018 [...]
- Atmosphere – Nintendo Switch Cu... — The long awaited Custom Firmware for Nintendo Switch is here [...]
- Release: Syscon Firmware decrypter fo... — Developer Zecoxao has released the source code for Siscon, a [...]
- PS Vita: TheFlow confirms exploit rea... — Hacker TheFlow, who was behind the h-encore Exploit for PS V [...]
- NES and Master System emulators relea... — “Someone” has posted NES and Sega Master System emulator [...]