Famous PS3 Hacker Mathieulh recently recommended on Twitter to buy a PS4 Pro while those are still on firmware 3.70 and to not update it.
When asked for more details, he said “Anything lower than 4.06 is fine”.
This statement confirms what has been revealed a few weeks ago: the PS4 Jailbreak revealed for firmware 4.01 was recently patched by Sony in Firmware 4.06, meaning any PS4 up to 4.05 should potentially be jailbreakable.
The reason Mathieulh recommends to get a PS4 Pro now is because new PS4 Pro models on the market today are pretty much guaranteed to ship with firmware 3.70. Firmware 3.70 in itself probably doesn’t have anything special except that 1) it is below 4.06 and 2) you always want to stay on the lowest firmware possible if your goal is to jailbreak. As a reminder, new PS4 Slims today ship with firmware 3.55 and should be good as well.
No hacker has announced any release for a PS4 4.05 jailbreak. All we know at this point is that several trusted hackers from the PS3/PS4 scene seem to have access to this jailbreak.
Mathieulh in particular, despite his deep involvement with the PS3 scene, has rarely seen his name associated to any release in the past.
Nevertheless, with growing confirmation that several hackers have access to a jailbreak on 4.05, this could surely bring hope to the people expecting to Jailbreak their PS4.
As always, if you have any interest in homebrews or running unsigned code on your PS4, it’s better to have a plan: Either get a second PS4 that you’ll keep on a low firmware, or ensure your main PS4 stays on a low firmware (which, nowadays, means pretty much unplugging the console from your network)
Spectacular graphics - Explore vivid game worlds with rich visuals heightened by PS4 Pro.
Enhanced gameplay - Support for faster frame rates delivers super-sharp action for select PS4 games.
One unified gaming community - Compatible with every PS4 game. Play online with other PS4 players with PlayStation Plus.
- Halo Revamped 3DS Update – Perf... — TCPixel has pushed out a new update for Halo Revamped a homebrew application for the Nintendo 3DS! The new update brings Stability updates New maps Up to 8 players! For more info follow the video above and read the description on TCPixel’s [...]
- PSVita 3.63 owners get ready for home... — PSvita owners that have updated to the latest 3.63 firmware have been waiting for something useful to come out to make their doorstop of a console come back to life.Today we bring you hidden applications! A tool released by Idumpvitastuff. This tool leverages psvimgtools which is another tool that was released by Yifan Lu and allows you to [...]
- Nintendo Goes On a Copyright Strike F... — It seems that Nintendo has employed or is in the works with the Belgian Anti-Piracy Federation which has gone on a copyright frenzy on youtube. Various content creators have received one or multiple copyright strikes on youtube and have had their videos completely removed; some users have also been completely shut down! Users affected include ModzLink [...]
- Smealum Updates Homebrew Payload for ... — Firmware 11.3 was released recently by Nintendo. Along with the release the homebrew launcher was temporarily broken as the current payloads were no longer working. Smealum has been hard at work patching up the payloads to allow execution on 11.3 firmware. This proves that smealum is a talented hacker and if a challenge is posed [...]
- ps4relink – PS4 Remote Play on ... — Yesterday a revolution happened and we are now able to use Adrenaline on innactivated PSvita consoles. Today something similar is being released which allows us to use our PSvitas for remote play from a PS4 console. Hacked Vitas running on firmware 3.60 do not have PSN access, and are therefore losing access to several services [...]