PlayStation 4 developer zecoxao who posted a guide on how to decrypt and dump PS4 games recently Tweeted a picture of a memory edit which tricks the PS4 into thinking it’s on PS4 System Software 9.90 (spoofed) permanently.
ok, now it’s permanent 🙂 pic.twitter.com/5Il1X5wsmW
— The Mad Hatter (@notzecoxao) November 25, 2016
This is similar to what Rogero and Rebug Downgrader firmwares did on the PS3. On PS3 the golden firmware was 3.55, these 2 firmwares spoofed 3.55 as 9.99 to then be used as the highest possible firmware which would allow you to run other applications which could only be ran on higher firmware, for example 4.06 (hint hint)
There does appear to be an error which you may encounter as it’s mentioned in a separate tweet.
“For those with the dreaded CE-32875-5… try base + 0x462509 of sceShellCore write 1 byte of 0x00… end of nightmares.
Well you need code that can read and write to userland mem.. Not my place to give out, keep an eye out for a future release.”
Basically a call for help to see who can get this implemented.
What do you think of this? Is this the beginning on the PS4 scene?
Seems to be the right time to buy yourself a 1.76 PS4
PlayStation 4 White Console Destiny Bundle
Includes: PlayStation 4 Console (Glacier White),1 DualShock 4 Wireless Controller (Glacier White), Destiny, 30-Day PlayStation Plus Trial, HDMI Cable, Power Cable, Wired Mono Headset, USB Charging cable
On PlayStation, always get more of what you need to leave your mark on the Destiny universe. More co operative Strikes, more multiplayer maps, and a greater arsenal of weapons
With PSN and PlayStation Plus, gain access to the most socially connected gaming community. Go online to form a Fire Team with fellow Guardians and join massive public battles to reclaim humanity's future.
- PSVita 3.63 owners get ready for home... — PSvita owners that have updated to the latest 3.63 firmware have been waiting for something useful to come out to make their doorstop of a console come back to life.Today we bring you hidden applications! A tool released by Idumpvitastuff. This tool leverages psvimgtools which is another tool that was released by Yifan Lu and allows you to [...]
- ps4relink – PS4 Remote Play on ... — Yesterday a revolution happened and we are now able to use Adrenaline on innactivated PSvita consoles. Today something similar is being released which allows us to use our PSvitas for remote play from a PS4 console. Hacked Vitas running on firmware 3.60 do not have PSN access, and are therefore losing access to several services [...]
- Tutorial: How to Install Adrenaline t... — The ePSP bubble installer 2.0 application was released today and has kick started the PSvita scene once again! This application allows you to activate a PSvita without the need of a PS3. Activation Previously you needed a PS3 running the latest firmware in order to activate a PSvita. Adrenaline Installation (PSP emulator) Additionally you needed [...]
- EPSP Bubble Installer 2.0 – All... — Developer CelesteBlue is at it again now with version 2.0 of the EPSP bubble installer which will not only help you install Adrenaline and / or ARK but will also ACTIVATE your PSvita! First and foremost your PSN account must be linked to your Vita if not Restore system and give account details on first [...]
- TheFloW shows possible support for ex... — Developer TheFlow, known for an insane amount of PS Vita hacks and tools, just teased an upcoming feature on PS TV: the support for USB Mass storage (external USB Drive). For owners of a PS TV, this could be a game changer as the PSvita can only support Note that this is different from a [...]