PlayStation 4 developer zecoxao who posted a guide on how to decrypt and dump PS4 games recently Tweeted a picture of a memory edit which tricks the PS4 into thinking it’s on PS4 System Software 9.90 (spoofed) permanently.
ok, now it’s permanent 🙂 pic.twitter.com/5Il1X5wsmW
— The Mad Hatter (@notzecoxao) November 25, 2016
This is similar to what Rogero and Rebug Downgrader firmwares did on the PS3. On PS3 the golden firmware was 3.55, these 2 firmwares spoofed 3.55 as 9.99 to then be used as the highest possible firmware which would allow you to run other applications which could only be ran on higher firmware, for example 4.06 (hint hint)
There does appear to be an error which you may encounter as it’s mentioned in a separate tweet.
“For those with the dreaded CE-32875-5… try base + 0x462509 of sceShellCore write 1 byte of 0x00… end of nightmares.
Well you need code that can read and write to userland mem.. Not my place to give out, keep an eye out for a future release.”
Basically a call for help to see who can get this implemented.
What do you think of this? Is this the beginning on the PS4 scene?
Seems to be the right time to buy yourself a 1.76 PS4
PlayStation 4 Console – Destiny Bundle [Discontinued]
Includes: PlayStation 4 Console (Glacier White),1 DualShock 4 Wireless Controller (Glacier White), Destiny, 30-Day PlayStation Plus Trial, HDMI Cable, Power Cable, Wired Mono Headset, USB Charging cable
On PlayStation, always get more of what you need to leave your mark on the Destiny universe. More co operative Strikes, more multiplayer maps, and a greater arsenal of weapons
With PSN and PlayStation Plus, gain access to the most socially connected gaming community. Go online to form a Fire Team with fellow Guardians and join massive public battles to reclaim humanity's future.
- Qwertyoruiop claims PS4 is pwned on f... — Qwertyoruiop is in the news again now claiming to have crack [...]
- PS4 Webkit hack: SpecterDev explains ... — A few days ago, hacker qwertyoruiop released a Webkit exploi [...]
- PSvita Adrenaline-2 and Easy installe... — Adrenaline version 2 is finally out after being promised by [...]
- PS4 Jailbreak: qwertyoruiop states he... — A lot seems to be happening on the PS4 homebrew scene since [...]
- PS4 3.55 – 4.0x Webkit Exploit ... — Developer qwertyoruiop just released a Webkit exploit for P [...]