A lot seems to be happening on the PS4 homebrew scene since Qwertyoruiop released a webkit exploit for the PS4 on firmwares below 4.07
Quertyoruiop has been busy updated the exploit to provide a few basic system calls so other devs can start to peek and poke at the system.
More importantly Quertyoruiop has stated that he has a kernel exploit which works on the PS4’s higher firmwares. According to him it’s one of those famous 0-day exploits you’ve probably been hearing about in the news lately. The exploit should work on firmware 4.50 by tweeting the following: “Nothing to kernel in 5 days. GG sony”
Now don’t go updating your console just yet as in order to get to execute this new exploit you also need to use the currently released webkit exploit which only works on firmwares up to 4.07.
Additionally the kernel exploit is still private while the webkit exploit is public so other developers may be able to find other exploits which are usable on lower firmwares.
Stay posted and do not update your PS4 if you have hopes of seeing a jailbreak or another linux port on a higher firmware.
If you don’t have a PS4, now would be a good time to purchase one as they will most likely ship on an exploitable firmware!
- Qwertyoruiop claims PS4 is pwned on f... — Qwertyoruiop is in the news again now claiming to have cracked the PS4 on firmware 4.50 – 4.55 4.50, should work on 4.55 too pic.twitter.com/zWvshihocp — qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiopz) April 19, 2017 This comes days after qwertyoruiop publicly released a webkit exploit for firmwares below 4.07 . qwertyoruiop has confirmed that the both the webkit and 4.50 [...]
- Hackers make progress on cracking the... — Since the webkit vulnerability and Pegaswitch were released on the Nintendo Switch a few day after the console’s launch, several hackers have been digging into the internals of the console to learn about its system. Hacker Plutoo of 3DS/Wii U Fame confirmed yesterday that he has been able to grab what appears to be data/API [...]
- Xbox One hack: Xbox One Exploit Proof... — Developer unknownv2 has released a proof of concept exploit for the Xbox One. The exploit leverages a series of known vulnerabilities in the Microsoft Edge Browser (CVE-2016-7200 and CVE-2016-7241). This is an exploit of the ridiculously rebranded Interenet explorer browser dubbed Microsoft Edge. In November last year, several critical vulnerabilities were found in the Edge [...]
- PS4 Webkit hack: SpecterDev explains ... — A few days ago, hacker qwertyoruiop released a Webkit exploit for the PS4, compatible up to firmware 4.07 included. He has since then improved the exploit to include a ROP Chain and basic syscalls, but providing only compatibility for 4.06, the firmware on which he is personally working. SpecterDev, self described as a programmer interested [...]
- PSvita Adrenaline-2 and Easy installe... — Adrenaline version 2 is finally out after being promised by TheFlow in February. Of course, that doesn’t mean that TheFlow wasn’t busy with the Vita as he added USB mass storage device support for easy file transfer and the ability to use a pen drive or external S/HDD via VitaShell. Changelog Allowing you to [...]