Qwertyoruiop is in the news again now claiming to have cracked the PS4 on firmware 4.50 – 4.55
4.50, should work on 4.55 too pic.twitter.com/zWvshihocp
— qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiopz) April 19, 2017
This comes days after qwertyoruiop publicly released a webkit exploit for firmwares below 4.07 . qwertyoruiop has confirmed that the both the webkit and 4.50 kernel exploit he recently announced are both working on 4.55 firmware which was just released by Sony.
CAN I JAILBREAK MY PS4?!
Everyone is asking and wondering when the day the PS4 gets a jailbreak similar to the PS3 will come. Honestly at this point it looks like qwertyoruiop is simply doing research to try to find other exploits that could be used as backups if needed. He has stated that he does not know if this will be released publicly or not, if you want to stay up to date on the latest news about this follow this blog or simply follow the developer on twitter.
For now we suggest you stay on a lower firmware if possible and if you eventually want to jailbreak your console or install linux on it as was done on PS4 firmware 1.76.
If you want to try out the recently released webkit exploit on a console below 4.07 you can do so HERE.
- Hackers make progress on cracking the... — Since the webkit vulnerability and Pegaswitch were released on the Nintendo Switch a few day after the console’s launch, several hackers have been digging into the internals of the console to learn about its system. Hacker Plutoo of 3DS/Wii U Fame confirmed yesterday that he has been able to grab what appears to be data/API [...]
- Xbox One hack: Xbox One Exploit Proof... — Developer unknownv2 has released a proof of concept exploit for the Xbox One. The exploit leverages a series of known vulnerabilities in the Microsoft Edge Browser (CVE-2016-7200 and CVE-2016-7241). This is an exploit of the ridiculously rebranded Interenet explorer browser dubbed Microsoft Edge. In November last year, several critical vulnerabilities were found in the Edge [...]
- PS4 Webkit hack: SpecterDev explains ... — A few days ago, hacker qwertyoruiop released a Webkit exploit for the PS4, compatible up to firmware 4.07 included. He has since then improved the exploit to include a ROP Chain and basic syscalls, but providing only compatibility for 4.06, the firmware on which he is personally working. SpecterDev, self described as a programmer interested [...]
- PSvita Adrenaline-2 and Easy installe... — Adrenaline version 2 is finally out after being promised by TheFlow in February. Of course, that doesn’t mean that TheFlow wasn’t busy with the Vita as he added USB mass storage device support for easy file transfer and the ability to use a pen drive or external S/HDD via VitaShell. Changelog Allowing you to [...]
- PS4 Jailbreak: qwertyoruiop states he... — A lot seems to be happening on the PS4 homebrew scene since Qwertyoruiop released a webkit exploit for the PS4 on firmwares below 4.07 Quertyoruiop has been busy updated the exploit to provide a few basic system calls so other devs can start to peek and poke at the system. More importantly Quertyoruiop has stated [...]