What is Vita Moonlight?
Moonlight is an open-source implementation of the nVidia GameStream client that allows you to stream your Steam games (and some non-steam ones) to a mobile device of your choice. It allows for high-quality streaming with minimal to no input lag of your PC games. Originally the GameStream system only allowed to stream to nVidia Shield devices, but Moonlight allowed people to stream to their favorite devices and now it has graced its presence on our Vitas too.
Changelog for Vita Moonlight Alpha 4:
- Control scheme remapping
- Configurable front touchscreen buttons
- Configurable back touchscreen deadzone
- Option to disable power save
- Default config (now in
Instructions for Vita Moonlight Alpha 4:
With all these changes comes also a new way of doing things and ShadowPrince has done us the favor of listing all of them:
config.txtaren’t needed anymore – everything is done from within the app.
Obviously stream configuration only applied after stream restart, input applied instantly.
If you want to use Vita native resolution (960×544) you need to go to NVIDIA control panel => change resolution and add the resolution manually. (Customize=>Create custom resolution) Also, some games might need additional settings to stream 960×544 (for example, for Portal 2 I had to add
-width 960 -height 544command line options).
- LT/LR/LT/RT – back touchscreen
- Pause stream – front-left corner of front touchscreen
- Special key (XBox key, Guide key) – bottom-left corner of front touchscreen
Enable mapping filein the settings.
Example: config file with swapped triggers and bumpers: vita.conf
Special buttons on front touchscreen
Check settings. You can also enter key code manually, check this page to find out the right one. Keep in mind that Alt-Tab or Windows key will not work.
Back touchscreen deadzone
Check settings. For easier configuring menu also visualise touches.
Disabling power save
Enabled by default. Vita will not go to sleep when stream is running.
With all of this, what was good just became infinitely better! While I can’t give it a spin right now because the desktop is off, I sure will tomorrow as soon as possible. I am always excited for new releases of Moonlight on Vita and this is no exception
Downloading Vita Moonlight Alpha 4:
To get your hands on the freshly baked and steaming hot new version of Vita Moonlight, all you have to do is go to the release section of xyz’ GitHub or simply click here. Remember to report any issues you may have on the issue tracker, people there may even help you figure out what exactly is wrong with whatever is happening to your version of Vita Moonlight.
Enjoy the release folks!
Hundreds of PlayStation games to choose from: Including many PlayStation Vita games such as Killzone: Mercenary, God of War Collection, and Borderlands 2, classic games from PS One and PSP systems, and more.
Remote Play: Stream most of your PS4 games from your PS4 system to your PlayStation TV over local Wi-Fi (robust Wi-Fi or wired connection recommended).
Easy to Set up and Play: Plug in and play on any HDMI compatible TV in your home.
Sony Borderlands 2 – Limited Edition – PlayStation Vita Bundle
All-in-one Borderlands 2 Limited Edition PlayStation Vita Bundle includes the new PS Vita Wi-Fi system, Borderlands 2 Full Game Digital Voucher, and 8GB Memory Card
Six (6) Borderlands 2 DLC packs including, Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty, Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, the Psycho Character Class, Mechromancer Character Class, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1, and Collector's Edition Pack
The New PlayStation Vita: Approximately 20 percent slimmer and 15 percent lighter than original, internal memory of 1GB, increased battery life of four to six hours of game play, rounded edges for comfort while playing, high-resolution liquid crystal display (LCD) for vivid and crisp visuals
- Qwertyoruiop claims PS4 is pwned on f... — Qwertyoruiop is in the news again now claiming to have cracked the PS4 on firmware 4.50 – 4.55 4.50, should work on 4.55 too pic.twitter.com/zWvshihocp — qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiopz) April 19, 2017 This comes days after qwertyoruiop publicly released a webkit exploit for firmwares below 4.07 . qwertyoruiop has confirmed that the both the webkit and 4.50 [...]
- Hackers make progress on cracking the... — Since the webkit vulnerability and Pegaswitch were released on the Nintendo Switch a few day after the console’s launch, several hackers have been digging into the internals of the console to learn about its system. Hacker Plutoo of 3DS/Wii U Fame confirmed yesterday that he has been able to grab what appears to be data/API [...]
- Xbox One hack: Xbox One Exploit Proof... — Developer unknownv2 has released a proof of concept exploit for the Xbox One. The exploit leverages a series of known vulnerabilities in the Microsoft Edge Browser (CVE-2016-7200 and CVE-2016-7241). This is an exploit of the ridiculously rebranded Interenet explorer browser dubbed Microsoft Edge. In November last year, several critical vulnerabilities were found in the Edge [...]
- PS4 Webkit hack: SpecterDev explains ... — A few days ago, hacker qwertyoruiop released a Webkit exploit for the PS4, compatible up to firmware 4.07 included. He has since then improved the exploit to include a ROP Chain and basic syscalls, but providing only compatibility for 4.06, the firmware on which he is personally working. SpecterDev, self described as a programmer interested [...]
- PSvita Adrenaline-2 and Easy installe... — Adrenaline version 2 is finally out after being promised by TheFlow in February. Of course, that doesn’t mean that TheFlow wasn’t busy with the Vita as he added USB mass storage device support for easy file transfer and the ability to use a pen drive or external S/HDD via VitaShell. Changelog Allowing you to [...]