Jeff Bellinghausen with Valve Software said the company is slated to release an update that will expand Steam Controller configurability options to the PlayStation 4’s DualShock 4 controller.
That means that more options for customizing the PS4 Dualshock’s 4 gyro features and touchpad will now be available to PC gamers using Steam. Developer of Defender’s Quest, explained, “Believe it or not, when you use the PS4 Controller through the Steam API, it’s exactly the same as a Steam Controller. You make the exact same API calls, you only get actions, not inputs, and the Steam API takes care of everything.
Basically if the Steam Controller is supported in your games so will your PS4’s Dualshock 4!
The full rundown of Bellinghausen and Doucet’s talk can be read here.
PC gamers can now use their DS4 controller on PC and PS4 users will soon be able to use a keyboard and mouse on their PS4!
- Qwertyoruiop claims PS4 is pwned on f... — Qwertyoruiop is in the news again now claiming to have cracked the PS4 on firmware 4.50 – 4.55 4.50, should work on 4.55 too pic.twitter.com/zWvshihocp — qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiopz) April 19, 2017 This comes days after qwertyoruiop publicly released a webkit exploit for firmwares below 4.07 . qwertyoruiop has confirmed that the both the webkit and 4.50 [...]
- PS4 Webkit hack: SpecterDev explains ... — A few days ago, hacker qwertyoruiop released a Webkit exploit for the PS4, compatible up to firmware 4.07 included. He has since then improved the exploit to include a ROP Chain and basic syscalls, but providing only compatibility for 4.06, the firmware on which he is personally working. SpecterDev, self described as a programmer interested [...]
- PSvita Adrenaline-2 and Easy installe... — Adrenaline version 2 is finally out after being promised by TheFlow in February. Of course, that doesn’t mean that TheFlow wasn’t busy with the Vita as he added USB mass storage device support for easy file transfer and the ability to use a pen drive or external S/HDD via VitaShell. Changelog Allowing you to [...]
- PS4 Jailbreak: qwertyoruiop states he... — A lot seems to be happening on the PS4 homebrew scene since Qwertyoruiop released a webkit exploit for the PS4 on firmwares below 4.07 Quertyoruiop has been busy updated the exploit to provide a few basic system calls so other devs can start to peek and poke at the system. More importantly Quertyoruiop has stated [...]
- PS4 3.55 – 4.0x Webkit Exploit ... — Developer qwertyoruiop just released a Webkit exploit for PS4s running on Firmware 4.0x. It has been confirmed that the exploit works on consoles ranging from 3.55 up to firmware 4.07 but has been patched in firmware 4.50. If you want to see if your console is vulnerable to this exploit you can visit the following URL [...]