In a particularly clever if destructive hack, a maker named Zach cleared out the guts of anNES cartridge and stuck in a a<a target=”_blank” href=”https://www.adafruit.com/category/105?gclid=CjwKEAjwgo6_BRC32q6_5s2R-R8SJAB7hTG-a8s8-V_2I5Kdi13_f6mbmHoEXfHHFZbUWS12ubhL4BoC8DHw_wcB”Raspberry Pi Zero and an Amazon USB hub to create the ultimate retro NES emulator. It even fits back into its original sleeve for easy storage.
The project is surprisingly simple. All you really need to do is crack the cartridge case and position the parts. Then it’s simply a matter of closing the thing up and plugging it back in. It doesn’t have an Internet connection but you can easily add a Wi-Fi adapter to the mix to go online.
The project uses RetroPie, the multi-platform game emulator, and is powered by a mini USB cable plugged into a power supply.
- Qwertyoruiop claims PS4 is pwned on f... — Qwertyoruiop is in the news again now claiming to have cracked the PS4 on firmware 4.50 – 4.55 4.50, should work on 4.55 too pic.twitter.com/zWvshihocp — qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiopz) April 19, 2017 This comes days after qwertyoruiop publicly released a webkit exploit for firmwares below 4.07 . qwertyoruiop has confirmed that the both the webkit and 4.50 [...]
- Hackers make progress on cracking the... — Since the webkit vulnerability and Pegaswitch were released on the Nintendo Switch a few day after the console’s launch, several hackers have been digging into the internals of the console to learn about its system. Hacker Plutoo of 3DS/Wii U Fame confirmed yesterday that he has been able to grab what appears to be data/API [...]
- Xbox One hack: Xbox One Exploit Proof... — Developer unknownv2 has released a proof of concept exploit for the Xbox One. The exploit leverages a series of known vulnerabilities in the Microsoft Edge Browser (CVE-2016-7200 and CVE-2016-7241). This is an exploit of the ridiculously rebranded Interenet explorer browser dubbed Microsoft Edge. In November last year, several critical vulnerabilities were found in the Edge [...]
- PS4 Webkit hack: SpecterDev explains ... — A few days ago, hacker qwertyoruiop released a Webkit exploit for the PS4, compatible up to firmware 4.07 included. He has since then improved the exploit to include a ROP Chain and basic syscalls, but providing only compatibility for 4.06, the firmware on which he is personally working. SpecterDev, self described as a programmer interested [...]
- PSvita Adrenaline-2 and Easy installe... — Adrenaline version 2 is finally out after being promised by TheFlow in February. Of course, that doesn’t mean that TheFlow wasn’t busy with the Vita as he added USB mass storage device support for easy file transfer and the ability to use a pen drive or external S/HDD via VitaShell. Changelog Allowing you to [...]