The PSvita scene is progressing very quickly just as the 3DS and WiiU scenes. Recently Adrenaline (Full CFW PSP emulator for the vita) was released for the PSvita running firmware 3.60 unfortunately in order to install Adrenaline you need a PSP game. Sony released a firmware update so the latest firmware on the PSvita is not 3.63 which renders all of us on 3.60 unable to access the PSN store to download a PSP game or demo.
Alas! There is a way to install a PSP demo to your 3.60 PSvita provided your PSN account is still linked to it.
I’ve put this guide together using instructions from user mummysboy at GBAtemp.
Installing PSP demo to an already activated PSvita on 3.60 without PSN access
1. Format your card
2. Disable updates
3. Connect to wifi
4. Go to beta.henkaku.xyz on your browser
5. Enable unsafe homebrew – start molecular shell – press start – enable option
6. Transfer vitashell 1.43 and adrenaline easy installer to the ux0:/tai directory
7. Install vitashell and adrenaline easy installer vpks
8. Launch vitashell – start and stop the ftp server – press start – reboot
9. Install taiHENkaku again using the molecular installer
10. Start vitashell – start ftp server – all folders should now be visible on your ftp client
11. Browse to Ux0:license/app/VITASHELL/
12. Transfer the randomstringofcrap.rif to PC (need that later)
13. Browse to Ux0: pspemu
14. Make a PSP (all caps) folder
15. Open the PSP folder and make GAME and LICENSE folders in this directory
16. Rename your randomstringofcrap.rif to EP9000-NPEG00011_00-0000000000000000.rif
17. FTP the renamed .rif to the newly created LICENSE folder
18. FTP the NPEG00011 Folder to GAME (eboot and _sce_ebootpbp inside it)
19. FTP adrenaline folder to Ux0 pspemu/
20. Exit vitashell and power off the VITA.
21. Power on VITA using PS Button & Right shoulder & Power button to get to recovery menu – rebuild the database
22. Start taiHENkaku using the molecular installer
23. Start easy adrenaline installer
24. Follow the prompts
25. You now have Adrenaline installed on your PSvita running 3.60 FW with YOUR psn account.
**this will not work with a PSvita that has been restored**
**DO NOT RESTORE YOUR PSVITA UNLESS YOU HAVE A PS3 TO RE-ACTIVATE IT.**
- Halo Revamped 3DS Update – Perf... — TCPixel has pushed out a new update for Halo Revamped a homebrew application for the Nintendo 3DS! The new update brings Stability updates New maps Up to 8 players! For more info follow the video above and read the description on TCPixel’s [...]
- PSVita 3.63 owners get ready for home... — PSvita owners that have updated to the latest 3.63 firmware have been waiting for something useful to come out to make their doorstop of a console come back to life.Today we bring you hidden applications! A tool released by Idumpvitastuff. This tool leverages psvimgtools which is another tool that was released by Yifan Lu and allows you to [...]
- Nintendo Goes On a Copyright Strike F... — It seems that Nintendo has employed or is in the works with the Belgian Anti-Piracy Federation which has gone on a copyright frenzy on youtube. Various content creators have received one or multiple copyright strikes on youtube and have had their videos completely removed; some users have also been completely shut down! Users affected include ModzLink [...]
- Smealum Updates Homebrew Payload for ... — Firmware 11.3 was released recently by Nintendo. Along with the release the homebrew launcher was temporarily broken as the current payloads were no longer working. Smealum has been hard at work patching up the payloads to allow execution on 11.3 firmware. This proves that smealum is a talented hacker and if a challenge is posed [...]
- ps4relink – PS4 Remote Play on ... — Yesterday a revolution happened and we are now able to use Adrenaline on innactivated PSvita consoles. Today something similar is being released which allows us to use our PSvitas for remote play from a PS4 console. Hacked Vitas running on firmware 3.60 do not have PSN access, and are therefore losing access to several services [...]