The PSvita scene is progressing very quickly just as the 3DS and WiiU scenes. Recently Adrenaline (Full CFW PSP emulator for the vita) was released for the PSvita running firmware 3.60 unfortunately in order to install Adrenaline you need a PSP game. Sony released a firmware update so the latest firmware on the PSvita is not 3.63 which renders all of us on 3.60 unable to access the PSN store to download a PSP game or demo.
Alas! There is a way to install a PSP demo to your 3.60 PSvita provided your PSN account is still linked to it.
I’ve put this guide together using instructions from user mummysboy at GBAtemp.
Installing PSP demo to an already activated PSvita on 3.60 without PSN access
1. Format your card
2. Disable updates
3. Connect to wifi
4. Go to beta.henkaku.xyz on your browser
5. Enable unsafe homebrew – start molecular shell – press start – enable option
6. Transfer vitashell 1.43 and adrenaline easy installer to the ux0:/tai directory
7. Install vitashell and adrenaline easy installer vpks
8. Launch vitashell – start and stop the ftp server – press start – reboot
9. Install taiHENkaku again using the molecular installer
10. Start vitashell – start ftp server – all folders should now be visible on your ftp client
11. Browse to Ux0:license/app/VITASHELL/
12. Transfer the randomstringofcrap.rif to PC (need that later)
13. Browse to Ux0: pspemu
14. Make a PSP (all caps) folder
15. Open the PSP folder and make GAME and LICENSE folders in this directory
16. Rename your randomstringofcrap.rif to EP9000-NPEG00011_00-0000000000000000.rif
17. FTP the renamed .rif to the newly created LICENSE folder
18. FTP the NPEG00011 Folder to GAME (eboot and _sce_ebootpbp inside it)
19. FTP adrenaline folder to Ux0 pspemu/
20. Exit vitashell and power off the VITA.
21. Power on VITA using PS Button & Right shoulder & Power button to get to recovery menu – rebuild the database
22. Start taiHENkaku using the molecular installer
23. Start easy adrenaline installer
24. Follow the prompts
25. You now have Adrenaline installed on your PSvita running 3.60 FW with YOUR psn account.
**this will not work with a PSvita that has been restored**
**DO NOT RESTORE YOUR PSVITA UNLESS YOU HAVE A PS3 TO RE-ACTIVATE IT.**
- Qwertyoruiop claims PS4 is pwned on f... — Qwertyoruiop is in the news again now claiming to have cracked the PS4 on firmware 4.50 – 4.55 4.50, should work on 4.55 too pic.twitter.com/zWvshihocp — qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiopz) April 19, 2017 This comes days after qwertyoruiop publicly released a webkit exploit for firmwares below 4.07 . qwertyoruiop has confirmed that the both the webkit and 4.50 [...]
- Hackers make progress on cracking the... — Since the webkit vulnerability and Pegaswitch were released on the Nintendo Switch a few day after the console’s launch, several hackers have been digging into the internals of the console to learn about its system. Hacker Plutoo of 3DS/Wii U Fame confirmed yesterday that he has been able to grab what appears to be data/API [...]
- Xbox One hack: Xbox One Exploit Proof... — Developer unknownv2 has released a proof of concept exploit for the Xbox One. The exploit leverages a series of known vulnerabilities in the Microsoft Edge Browser (CVE-2016-7200 and CVE-2016-7241). This is an exploit of the ridiculously rebranded Interenet explorer browser dubbed Microsoft Edge. In November last year, several critical vulnerabilities were found in the Edge [...]
- PS4 Webkit hack: SpecterDev explains ... — A few days ago, hacker qwertyoruiop released a Webkit exploit for the PS4, compatible up to firmware 4.07 included. He has since then improved the exploit to include a ROP Chain and basic syscalls, but providing only compatibility for 4.06, the firmware on which he is personally working. SpecterDev, self described as a programmer interested [...]
- PSvita Adrenaline-2 and Easy installe... — Adrenaline version 2 is finally out after being promised by TheFlow in February. Of course, that doesn’t mean that TheFlow wasn’t busy with the Vita as he added USB mass storage device support for easy file transfer and the ability to use a pen drive or external S/HDD via VitaShell. Changelog Allowing you to [...]