We recently about the prospect of Nintendo releasing an update for the wiiU. There was also reports of the current update blocker DNS servers going offline.
It’s time to take your wiiU offline and just stay safe while this storm passes.
You can avoid the DNS woes that have been going around and know that your wiiU will be able to be modded with the latest and greatest when the devs release their homebrews.
We also mentioned that you should get a DS VC game ASAP. Well, if you haven’t there’s still time and you can do it now while following our tutorial below!
Here is our tutorial on how to install Haxchi to your WiiU which will allow you to enter into the homebrew launcher without the need of an internet connection.
WiiU: Haxchi Installation
“Haxchi is an exploit for the Nintendo DS virtual console emulator on Wii U (hachihachi). It was originally made for Kirby Squeak Squad. Theorically, all DS virtual console games can be exploited. It is possible due to “contenthax”, a vulnerability in the wii u’s title integrity design: only code and critical descriptors are signed, with all other contents left at the mercy of attackers. this can be exploited simply by asking IOSU to copy over files in /content/ directories on either MLC or USB. contenthax can also be exploited from powerpc userland by using the MCP_CopyTitle command (not all processes have access, but for example home menu and system settings have it). as there is no integrity data for that content, CopyTitle cannot validate the malicious content and will therefore happily copy it from SD card to MLC or USB if asked.
it is likely that virtually all apps can be exploited in some way through contenthax, due to developers being less likely to program defensively against content that they should be the only ones to have control over. the Nintendo DS virtual console app was selected for this exploit because it has the ability to dynamically emit executable code. as a nice bonus, hachihachi includes symbols for its code. haxchi exploits a bug in the emulator’s rom loader, and basically gets it to perform arbitrary memcpy operations. from there, achieving code execution is trivial given that there is no ASLR in place.
note that haxchi was smea’s first time doing PPC ROP so… yeah”
smea, plutoo, yellows8, naehrwert, derrek, FIX94 and dimok
Discuss this in the ML forums
Things you will need to do this
Any video tutorials are created for educational purposes only. ModzLink does not condone the use of any electronics for malicious activity.
- Qwertyoruiop claims PS4 is pwned on f... — Qwertyoruiop is in the news again now claiming to have cracked the PS4 on firmware 4.50 – 4.55 4.50, should work on 4.55 too pic.twitter.com/zWvshihocp — qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiopz) April 19, 2017 This comes days after qwertyoruiop publicly released a webkit exploit for firmwares below 4.07 . qwertyoruiop has confirmed that the both the webkit and 4.50 [...]
- Hackers make progress on cracking the... — Since the webkit vulnerability and Pegaswitch were released on the Nintendo Switch a few day after the console’s launch, several hackers have been digging into the internals of the console to learn about its system. Hacker Plutoo of 3DS/Wii U Fame confirmed yesterday that he has been able to grab what appears to be data/API [...]
- Xbox One hack: Xbox One Exploit Proof... — Developer unknownv2 has released a proof of concept exploit for the Xbox One. The exploit leverages a series of known vulnerabilities in the Microsoft Edge Browser (CVE-2016-7200 and CVE-2016-7241). This is an exploit of the ridiculously rebranded Interenet explorer browser dubbed Microsoft Edge. In November last year, several critical vulnerabilities were found in the Edge [...]
- PS4 Webkit hack: SpecterDev explains ... — A few days ago, hacker qwertyoruiop released a Webkit exploit for the PS4, compatible up to firmware 4.07 included. He has since then improved the exploit to include a ROP Chain and basic syscalls, but providing only compatibility for 4.06, the firmware on which he is personally working. SpecterDev, self described as a programmer interested [...]
- PSvita Adrenaline-2 and Easy installe... — Adrenaline version 2 is finally out after being promised by TheFlow in February. Of course, that doesn’t mean that TheFlow wasn’t busy with the Vita as he added USB mass storage device support for easy file transfer and the ability to use a pen drive or external S/HDD via VitaShell. Changelog Allowing you to [...]