We recently about the prospect of Nintendo releasing an update for the wiiU. There was also reports of the current update blocker DNS servers going offline.
It’s time to take your wiiU offline and just stay safe while this storm passes.
You can avoid the DNS woes that have been going around and know that your wiiU will be able to be modded with the latest and greatest when the devs release their homebrews.
We also mentioned that you should get a DS VC game ASAP. Well, if you haven’t there’s still time and you can do it now while following our tutorial below!
Here is our tutorial on how to install Haxchi to your WiiU which will allow you to enter into the homebrew launcher without the need of an internet connection.
WiiU: Haxchi Installation
“Haxchi is an exploit for the Nintendo DS virtual console emulator on Wii U (hachihachi). It was originally made for Kirby Squeak Squad. Theorically, all DS virtual console games can be exploited. It is possible due to “contenthax”, a vulnerability in the wii u’s title integrity design: only code and critical descriptors are signed, with all other contents left at the mercy of attackers. this can be exploited simply by asking IOSU to copy over files in /content/ directories on either MLC or USB. contenthax can also be exploited from powerpc userland by using the MCP_CopyTitle command (not all processes have access, but for example home menu and system settings have it). as there is no integrity data for that content, CopyTitle cannot validate the malicious content and will therefore happily copy it from SD card to MLC or USB if asked.
it is likely that virtually all apps can be exploited in some way through contenthax, due to developers being less likely to program defensively against content that they should be the only ones to have control over. the Nintendo DS virtual console app was selected for this exploit because it has the ability to dynamically emit executable code. as a nice bonus, hachihachi includes symbols for its code. haxchi exploits a bug in the emulator’s rom loader, and basically gets it to perform arbitrary memcpy operations. from there, achieving code execution is trivial given that there is no ASLR in place.
note that haxchi was smea’s first time doing PPC ROP so… yeah”
smea, plutoo, yellows8, naehrwert, derrek, FIX94 and dimok
Discuss this in the ML forums
Things you will need to do this
Any video tutorials are created for educational purposes only. ModzLink does not condone the use of any electronics for malicious activity.
- Halo Revamped 3DS Update – Perf... — TCPixel has pushed out a new update for Halo Revamped a homebrew application for the Nintendo 3DS! The new update brings Stability updates New maps Up to 8 players! For more info follow the video above and read the description on TCPixel’s [...]
- PSVita 3.63 owners get ready for home... — PSvita owners that have updated to the latest 3.63 firmware have been waiting for something useful to come out to make their doorstop of a console come back to life.Today we bring you hidden applications! A tool released by Idumpvitastuff. This tool leverages psvimgtools which is another tool that was released by Yifan Lu and allows you to [...]
- Nintendo Goes On a Copyright Strike F... — It seems that Nintendo has employed or is in the works with the Belgian Anti-Piracy Federation which has gone on a copyright frenzy on youtube. Various content creators have received one or multiple copyright strikes on youtube and have had their videos completely removed; some users have also been completely shut down! Users affected include ModzLink [...]
- Smealum Updates Homebrew Payload for ... — Firmware 11.3 was released recently by Nintendo. Along with the release the homebrew launcher was temporarily broken as the current payloads were no longer working. Smealum has been hard at work patching up the payloads to allow execution on 11.3 firmware. This proves that smealum is a talented hacker and if a challenge is posed [...]
- ps4relink – PS4 Remote Play on ... — Yesterday a revolution happened and we are now able to use Adrenaline on innactivated PSvita consoles. Today something similar is being released which allows us to use our PSvitas for remote play from a PS4 console. Hacked Vitas running on firmware 3.60 do not have PSN access, and are therefore losing access to several services [...]