Vitashell 1.61 is here and brings a much needed feature to the PSvita scene! The ability to use a USB flash drive or portable hard drive as a mass storage device. This has been a wanted feature since day 1 as the PSvita and PSTV expensive Sony proprietary storage cards similar to micro SD cards but at more than 4x the price.
VitaShell is a file manager that does a lot more than just provide a GUI for file management. It allows you to connect your PSVita to a computer via USB and copy stuff over like you do on a pendrive. VitaShell 1.6 added a theme manager, the ability to mount pendrives/external harddisks/USB mass storage devices to a PSTV/Vita TV and brought about various bug fixes.
- You may now mount a USB mass storage device (pendrive/external HDD) to your PSTV/Vita TV via USB and use it as ux0! This allows you to avoid buying an expensive Vita memory card.
- You can mount game carts as USB devices
- Long file names now scroll
- An option to refresh LiveArea has been added
- Sort By option added
- Various bug fixes
- A theme selector
- ‘Electron’ theme by Acemad, who won TheFlow’s contest is now a part of VitaShell
- A database corruption error was fixed when mounting ux0 via USB
- An insufficient memory error when mounting uma0 was fixed
- Fixed a glitch in which pressing triangle in UNSAFE mode would crash VitaShell
Be aware that not all USB storage devices will work with the PSTV due to power requirements! This does not work on the PSvita obviously as it doesn’t have a native USB type A port.
You can download the updated app by simply launching the vitashell app on your VitaTV or PSvita.
You can also get the VPK on the official github page.
- Qwertyoruiop claims PS4 is pwned on f... — Qwertyoruiop is in the news again now claiming to have cracked the PS4 on firmware 4.50 – 4.55 4.50, should work on 4.55 too pic.twitter.com/zWvshihocp — qwertyoruiop (@qwertyoruiopz) April 19, 2017 This comes days after qwertyoruiop publicly released a webkit exploit for firmwares below 4.07 . qwertyoruiop has confirmed that the both the webkit and 4.50 [...]
- Hackers make progress on cracking the... — Since the webkit vulnerability and Pegaswitch were released on the Nintendo Switch a few day after the console’s launch, several hackers have been digging into the internals of the console to learn about its system. Hacker Plutoo of 3DS/Wii U Fame confirmed yesterday that he has been able to grab what appears to be data/API [...]
- Xbox One hack: Xbox One Exploit Proof... — Developer unknownv2 has released a proof of concept exploit for the Xbox One. The exploit leverages a series of known vulnerabilities in the Microsoft Edge Browser (CVE-2016-7200 and CVE-2016-7241). This is an exploit of the ridiculously rebranded Interenet explorer browser dubbed Microsoft Edge. In November last year, several critical vulnerabilities were found in the Edge [...]
- PS4 Webkit hack: SpecterDev explains ... — A few days ago, hacker qwertyoruiop released a Webkit exploit for the PS4, compatible up to firmware 4.07 included. He has since then improved the exploit to include a ROP Chain and basic syscalls, but providing only compatibility for 4.06, the firmware on which he is personally working. SpecterDev, self described as a programmer interested [...]
- PSvita Adrenaline-2 and Easy installe... — Adrenaline version 2 is finally out after being promised by TheFlow in February. Of course, that doesn’t mean that TheFlow wasn’t busy with the Vita as he added USB mass storage device support for easy file transfer and the ability to use a pen drive or external S/HDD via VitaShell. Changelog Allowing you to [...]